You may know Peru because of the many ancient civilization sites it has but there are still other places in Peru where you can go and have an adventure. When you book Peru Tours, be sure to see not only the different man made creations but also nature itself. You can go and climb up the icy peaks in Andes or even enjoy the beach down below. For those who are really looking for an unforgettable experience, you can explore the Amazon. If you still don’t have an idea where to go to once you are in Peru the places found on this article will surely give you a great idea.
1. Go for a hike in the Inca Trail – This can only be done by foot and the path can be found in Urubamba Valley. You have to go through the cloud forests until you reach Machu Picchu. This was the trail that the Inca go through many years ago. Travelers who hike this trail reach the top in four days where they are greeted with a spectacular view.
2. Stay On An Island – If you love the water, then you are going to love Lake Titicaca. You can spend the night there and enjoy the scenic view of the lake. In this way, you can really experience the place and live as though you are a local. Enjoy the sunrise and the sunset.
3. Explore the Amazon – For those who feel like an explorer, you can go ahead and explore the Amazon rainforest. Even if you don’t go deep into the forest, you can really feel nature all over you. You get to see the wildlife just like cackling macaws.
4. Hike At Andes – Those who are fond of trekking and hiking will surely include the mountain ranges in Peru. You will enjoy mountain peaks that are covered with white snow and a breath taking scene will be revealed to you.
5. Look For Different Sea Creatures – Peru also offers a rich sea life. You can go to Paracas Peninsula on the southern coast of the country to find Islas Ballestas. With a boat ride, you can see the different sea animals living in Peru. Aside from the crabs, and fishes you can also see penguins and sea lions.
6. Discover the beauty of the canyon – Villages can be found in the canyon and you can go there on day hikes. In there you will get to see the condors flying and while you’re at it, don’t forget to have a taste of their local delicacy called the chupe de camarones.
7. Surfing In The North Coast – If the animals in the southern coast don’t interest you, maybe the waves in the northern coast will get you in the mood to try out surfing. For those who live to surf, you will find the best waves in the coast of Lima.
8. Sandboarding – If you are not a fan of the water, you can still enjoy in Peru when you go to the Peruvian desert. You can use a motor to go to the top of a sand dune and then use your board to go down.